If your Bitcoin transaction stays unconfirmed for more then 48 hours, then chances are that the bitcoin transaction fee that you paid for the transaction is to low. The result is that bitcoin miners wait with picking your transaction for confirmation untill there are no more profitable transaction in the mempool.
Since the end of 2016 the number of unconfirmed bitcoin transactions has been rising. That also means that if you want to be sure that your transactions are confirmed quickly, that you need to set the proper mining fee in your bitcoin wallet preferences. Since the proper fee is on the rise you should be aware that you have to overlook that setting regularly. A great help with that is this website: https://bitcoinfees.21.co/
Okay, so your transaction is still unconfirmed because you have not set the proper fee. So now it is 1 of more then 100,000 other transaction that wait for confirmation and according to https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ it will take forever. Bad luck or can you do something about that?
The first thing to do is to make sure that your wallet has the right transaction fee setting so future transaction wil confirm properly. Some wallets set the fee automaticall but there are also wallets that have a fixed fee in the preferences. If your wallet has a fixe fee, for instance 0.0001 BTC, then change that to the proper fee. Use https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ to calculate the proper transaction fee. Check the fees regularly because they are on the rise and you want to keep up-to-date.
But that does not solve your current unconfirmed transaction. Luckily there is this website: https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ At this website you can add your transaction for rapid confirmation. You need to be aware of the following though:
- This website is the only accelerator to date, so it is in very high demand
- Every hour it only accepts a fixed number of transactions
- You need to be one of the first to add your transaction otherwise you are to late and have to wait another hour
- Don't use this website for every transaction, only for transations that are late more then 48 hours.
- Add the transaction exactly to the whole hour or a few seconds after the whole hour.
- add the transaction hash, not the bitcoin address. you can find the transaction hash at https://blockchain.info
- If you have more then 1 transaction waiting, always start with the oldest.
- Once the acceleration is accepted, you need to wait an hour or so and your transaction will be confirmed